Donald P. Day represents clients who have been arrested for drug possession, dealing, trafficking, or manufacture in Naples, Fort Myers, and the surrounding towns of Collier and Lee counties in Southwest Florida.
When you are accused of drug possession, we may be able to help you find a solution that doesn’t involve heavy fines or jail time and avoids any conviction:
- Pretrial diversion — available to first-time, non-violent offenders; the charges are dropped when pretrial diversion is completed
- Pretrial intervention — available in certain instances to people who don’t qualify for pretrial diversion, because of priors
- Drug court — available to repeat drug offenders who have debilitating substance abuse problems; the charges may be dropped if certain conditions are satisfied
- Motion to suppress — if evidence was obtained in an illegal manner, we may be able to have evidence excluded from your case, which may get your case dismissed
- Plea — Minimal probation or other plea deals may suit certain clients who wish to resolve the case without the risk of a trial that could include jail time; pleas may involve randomized drug testing or travel restrictions
- Trial — Many clients are not guilty of the charges that are brought against them; these cases may prevail at trial.
- Diversion — Available to people with drug issues seeking treatment
The quantity of drugs involved can significantly increase prison sentences. Further, many times if convicted, a two-year driver’s license suspension may be imposed. There are many issues to review in a drug case including but not limited to:
- Lab Work
- K-9 Drug Training
- Constructive Possession
Drug cases are complex and involve a lawyer with trial experience and a lawyer who is familiar with pre-trial motion practices.